CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Pioneer Experience

WELL.....this past week i went on a pioneer trek. On Thursday i hiked 16 miles with a hand cart Pioneer family. It was one of the worst days of MY LIFE!!!!!! I decided to let that day fly and try to have a better day on Friday. And I did :)!!! Friday Was the best day of the trek. It was only 6 miles. On Friday i woke up and it was freezing cold with winds up to like 40mph. Besides that the hike was Short and we ended at 4:30 that day so we had like all evening to hang out. Later that night at like 3:30 it started to rain. It didn't really bother me because my sleeping bag was waterproof so no rain got in my bag. The Ma and Pa of my group put a tarp on the guys in our group and i sleep the warmest and best ever probably. Overall it was a good experience and it was a good building block in life!!!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Sounds like you had a good experience! That is awesome! I want to see pics of Pioneer Robbie!

Dyan said...

I was talking to dad about it last night and sounds like a pretty authentic pioneer experience! I'm glad you got through the 1st day and were able to come out of it as a good experience. And please post pics of you and dad in your vests, cords, and hats! Oh, and while you're at it...I still want green tights posted too!

natalie said...

yay for the trek. i'm glad you had fun! post pics too!

suzanne said...

Way to turn the negative into a positive!